Old July 3rd 03, 11:44 AM
Anonymous

Avi wrote in message ...
When I try to communicate with ATC, or when the lesson/training flight begin
the voices sound fine for about the 1st 3 sec then the start getting slower
and slower and then it starts snipping 1/4 seconds from the speech. I've
tried switching sound on and off in the sim, it doesnt work,

Pc Specs:
Athlon 1300Mhz
GeForce 2 MX
80Gb HD
Onboard Sound
Latest Drivers for all hardware.

I have this problem also; I put it down to my machine trying to keep the
sound in sync with the action.

Solution?

A better GFX card, definitely; GeForce 3 cards are getting dirt cheap these
days. Don't get another "MX" card as they are generally crippled in some
way (e.g. the GeForce 2 MX cards run on SDR memory, with low clock speeds,
meaning that the card is crippled by the speed of its own memory).

GeForce 4 MX cards are actually based on the GeForce 2 core, and don't have
all the cool hardware features of the regular GeForce 4 and GeForce 4 Ti.

See if you can get one of the cheaper GeForce FX cards, as they should be
powerful enough to handle a lot of future games very well.

A faster Athlon might help also; if the 1300 is the fastest your Mobo can
support, then I'd be quite surprised.