Old July 25th 12, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Linc

Default Engine Out Operation

On Thursday, July 16, 2009 3:17:38 AM UTC-4, Charles Talleyrand wrote:
I'm curious. Can a Blackhawk, Chinook, or other large military
helicopter hover with one engine out? What is the procedure for one-
engine-out operations for large helicopters? I assume no one auto
rotates a 30,000 lbs helicopter???

The obvious internet searches didn't help.

-Much Thanks
-Charles Talleyrand

I know this is an old post, but Nick Lappos had an interesting comment on the considerations of single engine aircraft versus twins on the PPRUNE forums. I am not going to find it and cross post it here. One should be able to find it through Google.

-Linc