Old July 11th 03, 05:03 AM
Al

"Larry Pardue" wrote in message
In article ,
"Vaughn" wrote:

I don't know anything about the new guy, but I would rather have a
non-flying professional CEO that knows what needs to be done (and does

it)
than have some hotshot, contest-flying, badge-covered, amateur

administrator
screw up what little is left of our organization. Intrepid flyer or

not, I
wish him the best; we need it.

He deserves our support until the day (never I hope) when he proves

not
to be worthy of it.

Vaughn

When the announcement was made about the new director, at the Region 9
contest at Hobbs, it was stated that he intends to earn a glider rating
within a specified period of time. I believe it was 90 days.

Well that gives me a warm fuzzy.. NOT....

Incidently, the previous director had a glider rating but was not active.

He wasnt active at anything except the computer scam, using the SSA credit
card to take the missus out to dinner etc etc...
I won't start on that topic again.

Rumour has it LS was still sitting at his desk when the drive to Kitty Hawk
came through town.

Al