Old February 7th 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Jepps airport and VOR names ... how used?

"Doug" wrote in message
ups.com...

Well, I can tell you that when I was up there in Alaska (and the last
time was 4 years ago, so things have changed), the id my GPS used
(which was ICAO, and the id that FSS used were different. And if you
looked in the AFD, there were TWO different ids (NONE with the ICAO
prefix) in the AFD). What a mess!!!!! I am sure they are working it out
(I assume they are migrating to ICAO) but I don't have the lastest.

That's odd, I have a 15 year old Alaska A/FD and all the airports that have
two identifiers have the proper 3-letter and ICAO identifiers.