Old September 14th 16, 01:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

Default Glider Handling Question

In this month's Gliding International article on the Ventus 3, Aldo Cernezzi writes, "According to Berd Weber, I flew with a relatively forward CoG, which may have an impact on roll speed". This got me to thinking of my own anecdotal experiences with very forward CGs having a negative impact on roll rate, and I think that a forward CG does degrade the roll rate. But I can't figure out why that happens. Can anybody explain it in simple terms?
ROY