Old June 18th 17, 03:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Echo

Default A Tale of Two Takeoffs

I must admit the downwash discussion is one I'm not fluent on. I've been around a while, but it's certainly an interesting concept I don't know much about. Makes you wonder how high a position you'd have to be for it not to matter...especially when you consider actual climb gradient, compared to AoA and angular fluid dynamics from the tug wing back to a glider 200' back. I haven't seen it in any book, but the books have been updated a few times and it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.