Old April 5th 17, 11:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Improved live tracking for the SSA membership?

I'm the developer of IGCDroid.

I would love to create a hybrid tracker system based on GlidePort.aero and my IGCDroid app. Such a system could use cell when it can and satellite when it must. Hopefully this would keep satellite usage (eg service costs) to a minimum.

A hybrid system would give you detailed IGC traces when it can and up to date positions via satellite when cell coverage fails.

Would pilots use this?

Does anybody know of a suitable satellite modem?

Alan