Old October 7th 17, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Default Does the FAI think its April 1st?

lauantai 7. lokakuuta 2017 18.15.06 UTC+3 Paul T kirjoitti:
At 13:49 07 October 2017, krasw wrote:
The whole idea of taking one single measurement of one single

sailplane
(re=
presenting type with production run of 300+), in this case done

mostly in
7=
0's technology, for handicap calculation is wrong. We have dacedes

worth
of=
first hand experience flying wingtip to wingtip with these glider

types.
N=
o one in their right mind would say that gliders of similar class and
gener=
ation have widely different handicaps, and gliders of newer

generation
woul=
d not have better performance. Now we have a list that has

examples of
both=
of these anomalies. That is pretty solid proof that something in

the
metho=
d is seriously wrong. The highest level of computer modelling

includes use
=
of common sense to estimate sanity of results. I hope these guys

get there
=
soon.

Ditto - why does the IGC handicapping committee or its chairman
not see this? Was there any consultation with competitors this
new handicap list? Would have been the polite thing to do?

IGC handicap list is made by handicap committee. IGC delegates do not get to vote, discuss or even see the handicap list before publication, even if they wanted to. It is totally in the control of committee members.