Old February 15th 04, 03:10 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

| As President, he'd have less control over that than he currently does

in
| the Senate now. (Not that I'd want him to be President. But of all the
| problems having a trial lawyer (who potentially used *ahem*

questionable
| "science" in his cases) as President - that's not one I'm concerned
| about.)
|
| Three words: Tort reform veto.

One of my students, a retired prosecutor, said that public defenders often
became the toughest judges. They knew that most of what the defense does

is
BS. Perhaps it is not a foregone conclusion that Edwards would be pro

trial
lobby. He might know too much to fall for their crap.

Edwards wasn't a public defender. He wasn't even really a defense lawyer.