Old September 13th 04, 03:57 AM
Kevin Brooks

"Emmanuel Gustin" wrote in message
"stop spam" wrote in message

From a blog I frequent... interesting parallel, perhaps, especially if
you compare the Iran-Iraq war and the invasion of Kuwait with Hitler's
pre-1939 maneuvering?

Seems to me that comparing Dubyah to FDR is a huge insult
to FDR. If you are looking for a good historical parallel
with the Iraq war, how about Benito's invasion of Abessynia?
This seems rather more appropriate to me.

Nope, he draws an interesting and not totally unrealistic comparison.

If, in 1937, Franklin D. Roosevelt would have invaded Germany, captured
Hitler, neutralized the Nazi party, and dismantled the standing
military, thus saving europe from the ravages of war, genocide, and
crimes against humanity,

Such simplistic proposals ignore feasibility.

He was not arguing feasibility--he was pointing out that yahoos like you
would indeed have been labeling FDR a "warmonger" and condemning him for
prosecuting a preemptive war had he been able and willing to act in the
manner he described. And deep down you know you would have, even if you
would not admit it.

Brooks

snip