Old August 7th 03, 04:44 AM
Sydney Hoeltzli

Duane MacInnis wrote:
In the meantime, if the
LoPresti cowl and Powerflow improved cooling and performance significantly,
they may be a good investment now to help extend engine life and later too.

I know three local pilots with Cheetahs. Two have 4 cyl CHT/EGT,
one only one cyl (hottest). None of the three seem to have a problem
with engine cooling. All of the three have meticulously maintained
baffling. One gets flown all over the place at high DA in summer.
One has the 160 HP mod, the other 2 don't. Guess which one.

I don't think cooling is a major issue with the Cheetah. Your
#1 priority should be making sure that the baffling and baffle
sealing is in tip-top shape.

Peformance? You'll have to count the legs on those horses
yourself.

In any case, your many suggestions to join the GG and AYA have not fallen on
deaf ears -- I will do that when I get the plane, then think about mods with
their doubtless good advice.

Duane, I would strongly recommend you to run don't walk and join
both groups NOW. Both will be an invaluable resource to you in terms
of things to inspect and look out for, BEFORE you buy the plane.

Good luck,
Sydney