Old June 17th 04, 06:35 PM
K.P. Termaat

Let's consider two declared turnpoints A and B. Without a rule a pilot can
claim a flight like Start - A - B - A - B - A - B - ...... Finish. He
visited two declared waypoints many times and came finally up with 1000 km.
Should not be possible of course, so a rule is required that limits the
number of visits to declared turnpoints up to the maximum of three for the
1.4.5.b. type of flight. The current FAI rule is not good enough though of
course.

If one can read from my proposal that it is allowed to visit each of the
three declared turnpoints three times, then my definition is not accurate
enough apparently. A bad night again.
Would the word "total" help out like: "In any sequence not more then a total
of up to three visits to declared turnpoints may be claimed".

Karel
"Todd Pattist" schreef in bericht
"K.P. Termaat" wrote:

abolishing the "10 km / only once" rule completely would allow pilots to

declare just two turnpoints in the 1.4.5.b flight definition and fly back
and forth between them for ever to obtain a large distance suitable to be
awarded with the 1000 km FAI badge. This is not right of course.

I agree it's not right to yo yo indefinitely, but I don't
see how it would be allowed with the 10km language removed
from the 1.4.5 rule. The rule already limits the pilot to 3
TP's

1.4.5. Distance performance for badges only
b. Distance using up to three turnpoints:
A flight from a startpoint via up to three declared turnpoints to a

finishpoint . If the finishpoint is the landing place it need not be
declared. In any sequence not more then up to three visits to declared
turnpoints may be claimed.

This is it. Cannot find anything wrong. Please shoot at it.

That proposed rule looks like you can go three times to each
of three TP's. You want each visit to a TP to count as one
of the maximum of 3 TP's, so you allow the same TP to be
declared twice (rather than the current 10km apart req't for
'nearby' TP's) - not declared once but visited twice (or
three times).

Todd Pattist - "WH" Ventus C
(Remove DONTSPAMME from address to email reply.)