Old January 29th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Corvair conversion engines

Richard Lamb wrote:

Well, I asked about that...

Seems it would cost a bazillion bucks for some reason.

Aren't the Chinese hot rodders cutting custom cranks yet?

Everyone thinks there are these cheap foreign made hot rod parts. I've
never seen any, anywhere. They don't hot rod engines in Asia at
all-except a few things in Japan, for offroad use, and at very high
prices as any 240Z owner can attest! And what pieces are from Europe
are HIGH DOLLAR too. Even for VWs most everything is made in Southern
California.

I've always wanted a Ferrari V12 for a street rod....you think we can
get Taiwan to make heads and blocks and cranks? Uh unnh. They will want
a million dollars upfront for patterns and core boxes.