Old April 21st 06, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Avgas Where is the ceiling?

wrote in message

Robert M. Gary wrote:
: You've got a loooooong way to go before you match the $10 we pay here
in
: Greece, along with incredible restrictions on all aspects of GA as
well.

: That's just because you *chose* to tax the fuel up to $10/gal.

Not to degenerate this to a political argument, but numerous studies have
been
done to determine the "true" price of gasoline in the U.S.... not what the
pump price
is. The studies vary, but usually it adds an additional $2-$6/gallon that
we pay for
the fuel, only indirectly through other taxes.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D., PPSEL-IA *
* Electrical Engineering *

I'm a VPI&SU grad, 1974, BSc Mechanical Engineering!!!!!!!!!!!!