Old August 7th 18, 04:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Retting

Default US Standard Class Nationals — Day 6

Sorry I’m late.....ate Italian at Mo’s with EA , PG and wife Pat, and crew Steve. Good food. A place where you BYOB.

Great day today for most. Good vis, lift, clouds, bases. But to be on top one had to push on the stick. I forgot that part.
A 3:30 TAT S, NW, SE, NW with a southerly wind 10-15. We launch at 12:15 with most heading out 1:30 to 2:00. Lift was still cranking pass 6.
Danny Sorenson DS takes the day and the top two on the board flip places.
The conditions for the next two days looks weakening and that always creates drama.
It’s down to a two day contest.
A very good day.
Operations is batting a 1000, the club members are great. Along that line, people around here are ‘Chic Fil-a “ friendly like in Cordele, GA.
Where ever you go. And every house, everywhere has a pick-up in the driveway. There’s a new car storage depot north of town with over 500 pickups.
8 donut shops in town but no Dunkin Donuts.
And the Scorer can eat a 18” deluxe pizza and a gallon of ice tea in 31 mins. He said he was not flying tomorrow.
Midlothian, put it on your bucket list.