Old January 10th 20, 05:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Default Instrument panel labeling

On Thursday, January 9, 2020 at 8:26:27 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I'm looking for ideas on how to make professional looking placards/labels for a instrument panel rebuild I'm doing. I need to make tiny labels for fuses, and switches and I hate, hate, hate the look of the continuous strip label maker "sticker" stuck to the panel. It looks tacky, but they never seem to stay stuck. Know what I mean?
I think a stencil might be too small, has any one ever used a pressure transfer and clear top coat? What else have you tried?

Signed,
Working till spring

I have used Aircraft Engravers many times (https://www.engravers.net/). Not too expensive, quick, and well made.

Here are some examples for a Cessna 150 with an nearly unreadable panel I upgraded (PDF of what I sent them, what they sent me as a proof, and what they produced).
http://derosaweb.net/aviation/images/placards