Old July 9th 03, 02:20 PM

In rec.aviation.owning Mike Long wrote:
: Personally, I'm giving up on them. When they are fixed, I'll sell them
: but I guess I'd better give an MBG

: Mike

Slightly off topic, but I was wondering if anyone's got any
thoughts on Lightspeed's Solo and Cross-country headsets. Different form
factor, and not as active. They seem pretty flimsy by the pictures, but
the passive on the X-C (along with mild active) seems like a winner to me.
Anyone used these?

I'm not really excited about buying any of the 15/20/25/30 K,XL,G
series because they seems pretty flimsy, have extraordinarily lousy
passive attenuation (read: LOUD out of active cancellation above 300 Hz),
and artificually boost the radio's voice frequencies to an uncomfortable
level. I'm sure the boosting is for "clarify" of old ears that are
already fried from 40 years of naked flying, but I'm trying to keep mine
good.

'Nuff ranting on the popular Lightspeed models.

-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux: *
* - learn what you don't know, *
* - teach what you do. *