Old July 9th 03, 07:22 PM
Mark James Boyd

The badge program really did keep me going, but the
complexity was really a downside. Also, hearing about a
pilot attempt an out and return, but then make a
landout less than 50km away from start, and not get credit
for a Silver distance (I think the pilot made the
turnpoint first, but am not sure) was disappointing.
I thought the pilot had made a good Silver distance,
and didn't think this should be treated as a
Silver goal flight and therefore not count. Keep
in mind that declaring an out and return from
a certain turnpoint means one must make the turnpoint
at start too, not just tow release. This is
another complexity that would be eliminated
by a change allowing post-flight turnpoint
selection for distance (not goal) flights.