Old July 9th 03, 08:41 PM
Kirk Stant

Mark,

Congratulations on getting your Silver - It only gets better!

Sounds like you managed to find all the ways to not get it first!

Actually, now with GPS loggers, it's really easy. But you definitely
have to understand the rules, jump through the hoops (in the right
direction), and finish the paperwork. That's why it's a badge, after
all. Otherwise, just go out and fly 50 km and be happy! (What's
wrong, Al, scared you might make a mistake?).

While on the subject of badges, I wonder why we don't have any speed
badges to go with the distance ones - since speed is what is now one
of the main objectives of XC soaring. Something like 50 kph (30 mph)
over 50 km for Silver Speed, 100 kph (60mph) over 150 km for Gold
Speed, and 150 kph (90 mph) over 300 km for Diamond Speed.

Just a thought...

Kirk
66