Old May 26th 05, 08:04 AM
Peter Duniho

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:f1ale.6364$IC6.759@attbi_s72...
I dunno about the airports, but it appears to me that an instrument rating
is absolutely required if you want to live in Washington.

I was just there for four days. It rained every day, with alarmingly
little warning, and with quite suddenly lowered ceilings and visibility.

Ahh, yes. Four days is *plenty* to learn everything you need to know about
the weather in a particular place. Never mind that you were here at the
tail end of three days in a row when we had thunderstorms; keeping in mind
that we can go YEARS without having even one thunderstorm.

In any case, as John O. points out, the climate in Spokane is radically
different than that in Seattle anyway. Eastern Washington is basically high
desert; very dry and hot in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter.
Plenty of sun all year 'round.

Pete