Old April 13th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default zooms SnF mini rant

Richard Riley wrote:
DABEAR wrote:

Apparently Jim did, because there was no fireball as I recall. The
photos should be on the web to refresh my memory. The other
information is verifiable, true or false.

A very interesting story...worth looking into, to be sure.

Bear, I understand where you are and what you're doing. I've been
there myself. Please take it from an old Zoom warrier -

So what?

It doesn't matter how many times we prove beyond all doubt that he lies
in print, about substantial and important issues. About himself,
companies he's pushing or companies he's trying to destroy. We've
proven it so many times we refer to incidents like those in a kind of
shorthand - like where's his son, when did he fly in Ethiopia, what
about the supersonic flight to the funeral, the number of planes he's
flown, injuries at Sun n Fun, etc. The people that have been doing
this for 10 or 15 years know what we're refering to and most of the
details, because they've been so thoroughly discussed.

None of it matters. You can't stop him from publishing, especiallly
now that he no longer has a printing and mailing bill.

Even when it's widely known that he runs advertising that hasn't been
ordered, bills for it, then sues when the bill isn't paid, good people
get sucked into advertising with him initially. Even though it's well
known what Zoom does to people after they quit (and how frequently they
don't get paid) good people like Kevin OBrien and Tim Kern get sucked
into working for him.

It doesn't matter if we prove he claimed he went to Desert Storm as a
reporter for Time Magazine. Or that he claimed the Mini-500 was a well
engineered, well manufactured aicraft before he led the campaing to
destroy it. Or that he was partners with Don Jones, who he later
described as a drug dealer that tried to kill cops. Or that he's
banned by Sun n Fun after years of misbehavior there, including
stiffing the Boys and Girls club for the food they provided for his
party.

None of that matters.

The problem is it doesn't cost much to be a malcontent with a website.
In the extreme case, you could be homeless and on the street, host on
blogspot and maintain one from public library. And there's no law in
America that makes it illegal to be a loonball that's destroying
aviation from the inside, driving good people away.

If you have an entirely new angle, I applaud you. If you are just mad
as hell at him, and are determined that the truth will out, I
understand. But it's been tried before.

This where yawn comes in and tells us how wrong everyone is, that he
has proof he doesn't have to provide, spews innuendo etc.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired