Old February 9th 04, 11:22 PM
Ed Rasimus

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 23:08:12 +0000, "Paul J. Adam"
wrote:

In message , ArtKramr
writes
Also you are not supposed to blurt out your battle plans over the command set.

Depends on timescales. If you're calling in a fire mission from a
battery in direct support, or reporting a hot contact... the enemy will
gain nothing from intercepting and translating your radio messages. They
already know that Our Guys are fighting Their Guys at grid 123987, the
spooks get told to clear the net for useful messages

Slower time? That's what BATCO is for, painful though it may be to use.

You guys make me feel like a relative youth....ever heard of
"frequency agility" AKA "Have Quick" or in simple terms, secure comm?

Regardless, as Paul notes, calls for immediate fire don't really lose
a lot if compromised.
Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"