Old July 16th 12, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default Texas Tragedy Info?

On Jul 16, 12:10*pm, "noel.wade" wrote:
On Jul 16, 6:41*am, Jim wrote:

If I suspected CG problems I'd prefer to not release but go around and land with the towplane. No?

Jim - On tow sometime, try asking the towplane to enter a shallow
descent for 15-30 seconds. *Do it near the airfield because I'm
guessing you'll release once you realize you're overrunning the
towplane at a pretty rapid rate.

Descent/landing on tow used to be taught in UK but I don't know if it
still is now. It's actaully quite easy to execute and I'd have no
hesitation landing on tow if some unusual circumstance demanded it.

Andy