Old February 21st 04, 03:09 AM
Dude

Dude wrote:
Bonus depreciation is a great thing, but I would tell you to look at

other
models as well. Diamond and Tiger are my favorites in this class. I

would
only buy the Cessna if the others were not good ergonomically, or if I

were
planning to land on a rough strips (but then I would not buy new in

spite of
depreciation).

I went to a Diamond presentation last week.
The speaker (a VP in the company) said that the average out the door
price for the DA-40 is about $230K USd. (This is customer ordered with
options, not base.)

The DA-42 is expected to be out the door around $330k USd (?).
The engines will be TBR, time before replacement, at 1000 hours. This is
expected to increase with experience. There are about 40 flying in
Europe, working out the bugs before entry in the US market. Pricing is
not firm due to foreign exchange fluctuations on EU sourced parts
(ie-engines).

I bet that 330 is Euro, or Canadian. They were saying 360US originally, and
that was when the euro was less than or even to the dollar. Diamond meets a
lot of their projections, better than most aviation companies, but I
would'nt bet on anything less than 400 with what most folks will want.
Still gotta be making them nervous at Piper though.