Old March 3rd 04, 05:10 AM
ArtKramr

Subject: Stormin Norman, was SGT. GREIGO'S FLAK JACKET
From: "The CO"
Date: 3/2/04 9:07 PM Pacific Standard Time

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

We all wore our flak jacjcktes all the time, except for Griego. But

when you
watch flak over a period of tkme it seemed that the stuff burst

below us more
than level or above us. So I guess that fearing being hit from below

is not all
that dumb.

I've seen several references to troops in Vietnam (and probably other
places) sitting on their
helmets while being choppered as a protection for certain vital personal
equipment from small arms
and the like. 'Death from Above' v "Castration from Below'.

IIRC, this actually gets featured in the movie 'Apocalypse Now'.

The CO

Interesting. Maybe Griego was smarter than all of us.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer