Old July 17th 03, 04:42 PM
QDurham

We asked for a cab to the airport once. They tried to convince us that it
was going to be very expensive. We thought this odd, and then we found out
they thought we wanted to go to Indianapolis (nearest airport with airlines),
and
we just wanted to go across town to the local airport.

ONeil Nebraska (Sure 'tis the Irish capitol of the world. Large shamrock
painted right there in the center of the town's major intersection.)

Asked airport manager after he helped tie down the Cessna 140, "How do we get
into town?"
"Take the Ford"
"Huh?"
"I'm sorry. There is a Ford parked out in front. Keys are in it. Take the
Ford."
"How do I get the Ford back to you?"
"I don't know. You'll figure out something."

Hotel lady couldn't wait to show us X-rays of her hip and the certificate
proving that she was an admiral in the Nebraska navy.

Lordy what a lovely town to grow up in -- until about the age of five, I
suspect.

Quent