Old March 7th 08, 01:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rob_S

Default Crow Foot wrenches

I have had to purchase separate tubing wrenches , saw the end off and weld a
steel bar with the right position/ angels to get at some odd places over the
years. It might cost a few bucks but if it's in a tight spot you don't want
to have to tear something apart because you rounded off a nut or fitting.
bob
"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote in message

"Big John" wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 12:30:46 -0800, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields"
wrote:

thanks Ron: but none of the EBay offerings matched my requirement for
"straight,(non flare nut) fractional, 1/4" drive crowfoot wrenches.
Everybody seems to make the 3/8" and 1/2" drive sets. I don't understand
why
there aren't some 1/4" drive sets out there other than the ones
manufactured
on the Space Station from "Unobtanium" material mined on Mars that are
offered by Snap-On

Stu

"Ron Webb" wrote in message
As usual, EBay has everything

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...hes&category0=

***************************************

Stu

Could you use a 3/8 drive set with a 1/4 adapter?

I have several socket sets with adapters for different drivers.

Big John

No. the places I want to use the 1/4" drive crowfoot wrenches tend to be
restricted to where my 3/8 set doesn't want to go. It looks like instead

of
a set, I will probably buy just the 3/8, 7/16, and 1/2" wrenches which

will
probably meet 90% of my requirements.

thanks
stu