Old May 18th 10, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default (USA, Arizona) Luke SATR now contained in FAA NFD

On May 17, 3:57*pm, Tuno wrote:
As promised, the Luke SATR has appeared in the 201006 edition of the
National Flight Database.

I wonder if this means that Garmin will include the SATR area in the
next cycle of their databases.

The following is extracted from a Deer Valley Airport Pilot's
Association brief:

SATR Missing in GPS Database - As many of you have already found out,
the SATR does not appear in the new Garmin database updates. One of
our DVPA members queried Garmin on it not being there and following is
the Garmin response ---

“The Special Air Traffic Rule that is in effect starting 6 May 10 has
been reviewed by our standards department and we will NOT be capturing
this area in our database at this time.

This area applies to VFR acft operations only and outlines the
communication requirements that are needed within this area between
VFR operations and Luke Apch Control.

Also as you note, this doesn't fit cleanly into any existing SUA type
for ARINC.”