Old August 10th 05, 07:08 AM
nuke

This works pretty good, I have one:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...theleadout.php

Run it off a little inverter you can plug into a cigarette lighter in
your car or truck.

In article ,
Peter wrote:

Hi All,

I am looking for something for digging out the lead deposits from the
bottom plugs on an IO-540.

A friend has a very old tool which looks like a swiss army knife, but
instead of the knife blades it has a number of hard steel rods, about
3" long and varying in diameter from 1mm to about 2mm. They are
serrated along their length. I am not sure if this tool was ever
intended for cleaning plugs but it works very well.

Obviously one needs to be careful to not damage the ceramic insulator
(these are Champion iridium fine wire plugs).

What do people use for this? It has to be portable, so mains powered
plug cleaners aren't really suitable, and also I don't think they get
the real deposits out.

Peter.
E-mail replies to but remove the X and the Y.