Old August 22nd 11, 09:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

Default Pilot Mindsets and Enhanced Safety

On Aug 22, 8:02*am, Cookie wrote:
When I fly...."insurance, yes or no" *does not enter my mind at
all....safety, for the sake of safety is on my mind...

I agree with you.

I think Tom has confused correlation with causation.

Those who fly or drive safer than the average person who has insurance
won't long term benefit from insurance.

I've never had insurance on my motorcycles (~400,000 km) or cars
(~200,000 km) and i'm way ahead.

This does not mean that those who are less safe than average will
suddenly become safe if they drop their insurance.