Old September 14th 04, 08:36 PM
Andrew Gideon

Michael wrote:

The result is that when you want
to do something fun and challenging, you find it's against club rules.

Can you provide an example of something fun and challenging that is against
some club's rule? That seems rather against the idea of a club (as opposed
to an FBO).

I'm trying to picture this. For example, I do know that at least one of the
FBOs where I've previously rented prohibited landing on grass. But the
club to which I belong merely requires a "grass field checkout".

What else?

Still, it is also a good idea to check out all of the rules. Pay special
attention to insurance. That is, are members covered or is just the club.
Is there a deductable for which a member would be responsible, and how is
that responsibility determined?

Are there any currency requirements beyond that of the FAA? We do have some
in our club, but (not too surprisingly) these are largely dictated by
insurance.

- Andrew