Old December 24th 04, 05:22 PM
Frankster

Great stuff C! Funny! Merry Christmas to you. I know you're being
sarcastic, but, you know, the one about the localizer back-course is true!
Less traffic! LOL!

-Frank

"C Kingsbury" wrote in message
k.net...
Merry non-denominational Holidays to y'all out there. Things seem a little
quiet here so here's my year-end wrap-up.

Jeppesen plates are better because they'll get you in to a lot of airports
when goverment plates won't work. It's because the minimums on Jepp plates
are lower, because they're only used by really good pilots and
professionals. They could sell them at the same price as NACO plates but
then a lot of amateurs would buy them and crash.

Personally I prefer a localizer back-course because there's less traffic
there than on the front course, but the needle still moves backwards.

I used to be confused about Class D but then an air traffic controller I
met
in a bar explained it to me: aircraft in Class D airspace are bing
"negatively controlled," not "positively controlled" like they are in
other
kinds of airspace. He was pretty busy issuing taxi clearances into his
scotch and soda to explain, but he told me I could find it all in the
8710.

Whenever someone asks me how dangerous flying is, I answer, "Well, it's
safer than a lot of other hobbies, skydiving for instance."

Whenever I fly a GPS approach, I use my handheld as the primary guidance,
that way I have the GNS-430 to fall back on in case the handheld fails.

I simply don't trust "plastic airplanes." I didn't like Royalite when they
started putting it in Cessnas and I don't understand why I should feel any
better about them building the whole darn plane out of the stuff. Next
thing
you know they'll be building the damn things in China like everything
else.
And why does a new airplane cost more than a house? Computers used to cost
$5000 and now they cost $500.

Only wimps announce crossing a runway while taxiing.

Everybody talks about pre-heating the airplane when it's cold, but I think
pre-heating the pilot's a lot more important since most crashes are due to
pilot errors rather than mechanicals. Used to use a thermos filled with
coffee, but since that required pre-heating too, I switched to brandy.

Lost in the debate over women in the cockpit is the question of what
happened to good-looking stewardesses. Who cares if they want to fly a
plane
or drive a car? It's not like we're going to let them vote or own
property.

All responses may be sent to my assistant, Dr. Sese Mabuko, chairman of
the
Federal Reserve Bank of Nigeria.

Cheers,
-cwk.