Old June 10th 19, 01:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Recommended websites for posting student IGC files?

On Sun, 09 Jun 2019 16:18:10 -0700, George Haeh wrote:

Now that we finally have a PowerFLARM in our club 2-seater, I am
wondering where to post the IGC files so the students can later examine
their flights, and possibly make badge claims.

Take a look at GPSVisualiser:
https://www.gpsvisualizer.com/map_in...rm=googleearth

This is a free site that converts an IGC log into a KML file that can be
examined using GoogleEarth. Provided that the pilot has entered a set of
turnpoints defining the task just flown, these are displayed, along with
the flight track, on Google Earth.

As I've also said elsewhere, I also use GPLIGC to examine logs. It can't
show turnpoints but does show a 3D flight path and is good for extracting
flight statistics (total time, time on task, speed on task, max height
reached, etc.. It does, however, require Perl to be installed in the PC
running it. Get it for free from:
http://pc12-c714.uibk.ac.at/GPLIGC/GPLIGC.php

However, none of the above are capable of showing airspace busts because
neither of them can read an airspace database. If SeeYou can do that, and/
or accept a file containing your local TP list, it may be worth buying a
copy from Naviter.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org