Old November 30th 16, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Another sad day - 1-26 champ Bob Von Hellens has sailed into the sunset

Sad Day indeed, I met Bob in 1992, and have enjoyed his singular wit and help ever since. Ill miss the wonderful parties and great hospitality that he provided for my ASA early days, sage advise and great competitive spirit. Some of our most competitive tasks were called by Bob, and were it not for him I would never have known where Dateland or Superior were in AZ Strong thermals and long final Glides My Friend!

CH Ventus B