Old November 8th 16, 06:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Self-launch v Sustainer

On Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 4:22:07 PM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
Herb,

I knew about the umlaut, I just didn't know how to type it. Kinda like
super and subscripts. :-)

On 11/3/2016 3:49 PM, wrote:
On Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 3:42:22 PM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
Touche and mea culpa!

My last job before retirement was with a German company. I traveled to
Nurnberg (yes, that's how they spell it) for training and to Mexico for
qualification of their (made in Germany) assembly line and it was the
most impressive thing I've ever seen. And my Ford truck was still
humming along just fine at 250,000 miles when a wind storm dropped a
very large tree on it. On my Chinese made motorcycle lift, I replaced
all the nuts and bolts before ever lifting my Harley on it...

On 11/2/2016 8:02 PM, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
In theory, but I think culture influences design philosophy. I would trust a German engineered and produced product in a vehicle (air land or sea) long before I would trust a Chinese engineered product! Not intending to sound racist but **** China and there poisoned pet food, baby food, medicine, dog meat festival, children's custom jewelry made of heavy metals and **** their lead pollution. And don't even get me started on their CRM (cockpit resource management)....

German's do know how to make very quality products though, when they are not cheating instead of designing (VW group).

Would you drive a Chinese engineered and made car, I surely would not!

Jon

On Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 7:26:06 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
German, Japanese, American, Chinese... Engineering is engineering and
--
Dan, 5J
--

Dan, Nürnberg, Nürnberg, Nürnberg! You got it right except for the Umlaut. And I second your admiration for German Engineering.

--
Dan, 5J

Hi Dan,

I didn't either, so I looked it up. To type Ü hold down the ALT key while typing 0220. This and other accents are covered at
http://symbolcodes.tlt.psu.edu/accents/codealt.html

Herb: LIGHTEN UP!

Tom