Old October 4th 18, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default "Do It Yourself" airborne proximity warning device

Mark Hawkins wrote on 10/4/2018 8:38 AM:
Hi Andy (and others),

I got one of these units yesterday from Mike Carris. Have only done a little testing so far. However, current observations:
1. Can be seen by PowerFlarms and yes they do warn you if one of these gets too close
2. Can see other PowerFlarms
2. As Mike and others have said, it works with XCSoar
3. Have gotten it to connect via Bluetooth LE (BLE) to iSoar which seems to process the PF sentences just as it does from other devices

Does this device do do collision warning, like PowerFlarm, or only proximity
warning, like the ADS-B targets on PowerFlarm?