Old January 19th 05, 02:40 PM
Ron Natalie

david wrote:

If one item is failed but transmitting, you'll hear VORt where the t is
meaning "test". Or the ident might be changed to "test" or "tst". Either
way if it isnt what you expect to hear, dont use it for serious nav.

I was flying along in the back seat while Margy and her instructor where in
the front. They figured out the VOR was acting loopy and were listening
to the ID. They pretty much figured out it wasn't sending EMI, but they
were stumped. Finally, I pointed out it was sending TEST. (...and Margy
is an Advanced class amateur radio operator to boot!).