Old November 13th 09, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Default Wanted: Article from Soaring, March 1998

On Nov 13, 10:21*am, jsbrake wrote:
Hi All,

Would anyone be kind enough to send me an electronic copy of the
following article from Soaring, March 1998:
“Putting the Bite into Weak Drum Brakes”, by Tillmann Steckner

I'd like to actually be able to stop my heavy Kestrel 19 when it
lands... without using fixed objects likes trees or fence posts.

TIA,
John

Don't do it! Send the wheel to Vintage Brake in Sonora California.
The Steckner mod is self energizing but won't release properly once
engaged.

http://www.vintagebrake.com/