Old May 15th 05, 08:42 PM
Michael 182

"Rich Raine" wrote in message
news:y9Khe.42874$_K.16733@fed1read03...
My friend and I are planning a flight in a new Cirrus 22. We intend to
leave Denver May 26 and would appreciate the groups thoughts as to
possible routing.

Is it practical to go a direct as possible? Or would the best advice be
to travel south then west to avoid crossing the mountains.

With all the usual precautions regarding mountain flying, DEN direct LAS is
simple in that plane. My personal minimums include no IMC or night flight
west of Denver, but assuming VMC and no more than normal moderate
turbulence, I'd definitely go direct over the Rockies.

Given the altiude, clouds west of Denver in May often contain ice. Mornings
are usually much better than afternoons.

Michael