Old December 5th 15, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HGXC[_4_]

Default Winter Care

On Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 5:23:50 PM UTC-5, Ron Gleason wrote:
For many or most of us, winter is here and the gliders are parked for a number of months. I have removed every battery from the cockpit, put mouse poison in the trailer and taken out anything that should not freeze (waxes, plexi-glass cleaners etc).

What is the best way store glider batteries, specifically LiPO4's? Just plug them in the charger? Does it matter if they are in the house or in a cold garage?

What the PDA's and PNA's? Again just keep them on the charger in the warm house?

Any other items folks do to bundle up their gliders?

Ron Gleason

Just put my Ventus away. I store it in a hanger at a not so local airport. I had the annual just before and everything is waxed and looking good. I have been told by some to remove my instruments because the LED lights will freeze. They haven't froze before....My toyota has them and I keep that car outside during the winter so do I really need to go thru the agony of removing instruments?

Dennis