Old February 12th 06, 03:18 AM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval

Default Consistent CAP over a fleet from a land base

Ed Rasimus wrote:
On 9 Feb 2006 03:09:06 -0800, "KDR" wrote:

[snip]
BTW, I'd greatly appreciate if you could recount any exercise in which
your F-4C defended the fleet against air threat.

I never did any fleet air defense. We did, however, plan for
land-based aircraft to provide CAP over convoys, amphibious
operations, task forces operating w/out their own CV, etc.

[snip]

Thanks for relating your experience while you were at Torrejon. Do you
remember any details about the plan to provide CAP over ships? That is
what I am looking for most of all.