Old May 13th 05, 11:44 AM
Dylan Smith

In article et, Mike Rapoport wrote:
I agree with Jay on this one. The GA community loses everytime some idiot
does something like this. They should shoot the next one down.

I strongly disagree - to do so would be unjust, especially to the people
whom the wreckage falls upon. In a densely populated area like DC, it's
quite likely that someone on the ground would be hurt or killed by the
flaming wreckage accelerated towards earth at 9.8m/s^2.

Throw the book at them for sure - just as you would anyone who violated
a P-area or penetrated the ADIZ without following the proper procedure.
But killing them would be barbaric, and do far more harm to GA than
using proper justice.

Do you really believe people should be killed by other people for making
honest mistakes in a civilized country? I certainly don't.

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net