Old September 15th 03, 12:25 AM
Hilton

Ron Natalie wrote:

wrote:

"It" being the NACO chart, I presume. The Jeppesen chart reads "DME"

not "VORTAC."

Yep....how does Jepp depict the NALLS intersection? (My Jepps are at

home, questions
about plates at work send me to aeroplanner or AOPA to look them up:

NACO).

The LOC course and *either* the SNS R-293 or SND 16.5 DME.

This is definitely not correct. NALLS is identified *only* by the Salinas
(SNS) 293 radial. If you think that while flying inbound on the localizer,
you can identify NALLS by the SNS DME 16.5, you are incorrect. In fact, if
you are inbound on the LOC, you will get a SNS 16.5 DME reading 4.46 nm
*before* NALLS and again at NALLS.

For those without the chart, the SNS VOR is almost 90 degrees to the
localizer.

Hilton