Old January 10th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default aerial photography (was Stop Making Sense)

"Mike H" wrote in message
news
For 'high end cameras".....
I recently got Canon 20D (I've been a camera nut and Canon user for MANY
years) and am very happy with it. I do definitely recommend the new breed
of "Image Stabilized" lenses or cameras. For example, I have a 17 - 85 mm
stabilized lens on my 20D and the few aerials I've taken so far have been
impressive. (I don't have any on a web site yet.. will work on that).
The stabilization greatly reduces the effect of the typical airplane
vibration. (doesn't help with the dirty Plexiglas or reflections
though...)

Mike Happy 20D and Archer II owner.

I'll second Mike's comments on the 20D. It was the camera that finally got
me to "retire" my Canon T-90s and FD lenses and more or less give up film.

Since I never owned any auto focus gear, I've sort of had to "start over"
and it's been fun getting to know both the digital world and the Canon EF
(auto focus) equipment.

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
AZ Cloudbusters