Old May 4th 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
John Carrier

Default USAF Phantoms on deck?

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message
On Sat, 3 May 2008 07:25:08 -0500, "John Carrier"
wrote:

All things being relative. I envied the F-4 guys for their power (while
flying the Crusader) till I found there wasn't really THAT much more.
Biggest problem adapting to the beast was its tendancy to bleed energy,
I'd
find that in a particular maneuver I was always be 50 knots shy of where
I'd
be in the F-8 and of course there was all the buffet cues: Light buffet,
moderate buffet, heavy buffet, Jimmy Buffet.

R / John

And down in the wardroom, All-You-Can-Eat Buffet.

Sliders and Auto-dog. Who could ask for anything more?!?

R / John