Old August 28th 08, 06:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

Default From the other side of the world

"Dave Whiley" wrote in message
HEMI-Powered wrote:

HEMI-Powered wrote:

What exactly does "the darker side of the world" mean?

You can't be serious! I hardly think that the reference was to
cloudy skies, it was clearly a transparent reference to our country
being portrayed as evil, but tolerable just long enough to snap some
pictures before going back to a place of enlightenment on the other side
of the pond, and frankly, the more rebuttals I read the more I feel this
great country is being maligned by the very people who benefit from their
relationship with us economically, politically, and militarily (for
protection against a strategic threat).

Having spent the last three months living with the same lighting
conditions as can be seen in most of Glenn's photographs from Waddington,
Duxford, Farnborough and Coventry, it just seemed more likely that the
comment referred to the part of the world where the photographs were taken
than to a different part of the world entirely.

I do agree that the comment owed more to baiting the Poms than strict
accuracy, as there's blue sky in two of the pictures.

--

No no no.

Your side of the world is in night when we are in day.

But you're right, you're grey clouds didn't help. In fact I had a few
cjhoice words about it :-)