Old May 19th 09, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stuart Fields

Default what engines are making successful aero engine conversions?

"bildan" wrote in message
On May 18, 7:44 am, routund wrote:
wrote:
conclusions are similar to the ones you pointed to.

BTW, I don't think casting has any place in prototyping. Design the
parts with SolidWorks, email the file to a CNC shop who will mill them
from billet and ship the parts in a week. Machined billet parts are
FAR better than castings - and cheaper.

I like your idea. I'm looking at a new transmission, possibly planetary,
for my helicopter. The SolidWorks software is a bit expensive for just
prototyping a single item. Do you have any idea how to get this done
without having to layout a bunch of $ for SolidWorks? Your idea is good
because the cast aluminum transmission I would be replacing was done in some
guy's mother's garage and checking for flaws was not done. I've already
found serious flaws in other castings provided with the helicopter kit.

Stu Fields

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4087 (20090519) __________

http://www.eset.com