Old April 2nd 18, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default Round out and flare with fully open spoilers in a PW-6? Other gliders?

On Monday, April 2, 2018 at 12:01:47 PM UTC-5, Mike the Strike wrote:
The only caveat I would make is to be careful about landing with fully open spoilers on a glider whose wheel brake is actuated by the spoiler lever!

otherwise, it's a good thing to practice - I know of one case where full spoilers were deployed accidentally and could not be retracted when part of the control mechanism broke.

Mike

Agree - something I like to practice every spring. Good reminder to check the spoilers mid field on downwind where a full-spoiler approach and landing can still be done!

66