Old December 23rd 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
tscottme

Default Blakey explains

She's safely blaming the politically-correct cause and not the real
culprits. Over-scheduled departures, ground holds due to weather on the
other side of the country, etc.

--

Scott

Growing corn to make ethanol to fuel a car is like heating your house by
burning money in your fireplace. Yes, it can be done but it makes no
economic sense.
"Steve" wrote in message
From today's issue of Parade 'magazine' (in the Sunday paper):

Q: What has gone wrong with air travel?

A: (from Marion Blakey) We're in the safest period in aviation
history, but some of our current system is built on World War II
technology. **Planes must fly on specific highways in the sky to
maintain contact with the ground.** It costs time and fuel and is
inefficient.
[emphasis added]