Old October 15th 13, 01:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default Fuses on the panel, or not

On Monday, October 14, 2013 8:10:12 PM UTC-4, SF wrote:
My big winter glider project is going to be re-doing my control panel. I have been looking at a lot of panel pictures recently and I notice that a lot of them have panel mounted fuse holders all over them. My experience with our panel mounted electronic gizmos is that if they blow a fuse, replacing it inflight is not going to do anything for you. Once the magic smoke gets out it's gone. So I'm looking at a terminal strip that incorporates the mini blade type fuses into the strip, and reducing the number of holes in the panel.

Has anyone ever replaced a glider fuse in flight and had something good happen?

SF

I have replaced a fuse in flight. The fuse was fine, the socket was not making contact so just pulling it out and putting it back fixed it. I am searching for some panel mount magnetic breakers that will install in the same space and on the same pitch as the fuse holders.